Kingman Police Detectives have identified three suspects who are believed to be involved in a series of armed robberies and burglaries that have occurred in Kingman since September 2017, with the most recent occurring last Sunday that resulted in a shootout with police. Anthony Scott Axton, 32 of Kingman, is currently in custody while being treated in a Las Vegas hospital. On Monday, July 2nd, KPD detectives arrested Preston Earl Milks, 25 of Kingman, on felony charges of Armed Robbery, Misconduct Involving Body Armor (2 counts) Unlawful Imprisonment and 3rd Degree Burglary, all in relation to KPD investigations. On Tuesday, July 3rd, MCSO detectives located and arrested Francis William Allison, 58 of Kingman, in connection to the armed robbery of the Dollar General store on Sunday, July 1st. KPD investigators believe that Axton, Allison and Milks to be involved in one degree or another with the following KPD investigation:
- September 10th, 2017: Burglary at the True Value, 3633 N. Stockton Hill Rd.
- October 17th, 2017: Armed robbery of Byer’s Liquor store, 2104 Kingman Ave.
- December 24th, 2017: Burglary at the Dollar General store, 4405 N. Stockton Hill Rd.
- April 12th, 2018: Armed robbery of the Dollar General store, 4405 N. Stockton Hill Rd.
- July 1st, 2018: Armed robbery of the Dollar General store, 3665 E. Andy Devine Ave.
Investigators believe that these suspects are also involved in several similar crimes that occurred in the counties jurisdiction. The investigation is ongoing. Additional charges are expected. MCSO and KPD investigators are working closely together. Ultimately it is expected that all three suspects will be charged with assorted counts and felony charges in relation to their involvement with each investigation.